PowerMac G4 audio input

Tim Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Dec 13 04:06:02 2003

On Dec 12, 2003, at 7:30 PM, Andriy Rysin wrote:

> Can anybody please tell whether it's possible to make audio input in G4
> available in powermac alsa driver? My G4 (QuickSilver) has audio input

Are you sure?  AFAIK, no Quicksilver ever made has built-in audio
inputs.  I have two and neither one has input.

Don't be fooled by the two jacks on the back -- both are outputs.  One
is a regular 1/8" headphone/line out, the other is a 15W amplified
output for the special speakers Apple made for the QS and a few other
models.