12/2 G5 install disks -- kernel panic on boot

Eric V Van hensbergen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 14 11:11:13 2003

Yeah, I've tried running both the 64-bit and 32-bit kernels.  The problem
goes beyond X, it happens even in my framebuffer console when I boot with
video=radeon:dsp, so I don't think the XF86config is going to help that
much (but I did try it, not effect on the ghosting).  It must have
something to do with how its identifying the monitor and trying to
understand its sync.  The real problem with the 23" is there is a discreet
number of modes it functions in, so I can't even try out something more
simple (like 1280x1024 instead of 1920x1200).

        -eric

Stefan Bruda <bruda@ubishops.ca>
Sent by: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
12/11/03 10:47 PM