Lombard PowerBook G3 Won't Boot Off 8.6 CD

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 15 10:20:05 2003

Chris Horn wrote:

>I installed YDL 3.0.1 on a Lombard PB G3, but want to put Mac OS 8.6 back on
>it.  Unfortunately, I can't get the machine to boot off the system CD.  When
>I either hold down the 'C' key or select 'c' from Yaboot:

If I'm wrong on this someone will correct me but: Shouldn't you have
done all the Mac installs >first< i.e., set up your free space for
Linux, installed the Mac stuff, then the Linux? It may be that "you
can't get there from here"--i.e., you can't install a Mac OS now that
you have Linux nailed in place first. Bad news if true--as said, someone
please correct me if wrong.

>Please help, my fiancee is going to kill me!
>chris.

My sympathies. I really want to switch my wife's iBook to a
predominantly-Linux box; but know that, if I don't get it absolutely
perfect right out of the gate. . . . Hell hath no fury. . . . !

Good luck!    --Harvey