Lombard PowerBook G3 Won't Boot Off 8.6 CD

Chris Horn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 15 11:47:03 2003

> I think that the behavior of booting of the CD when the 'c' key is
> down, as well as the behavior of presenting the OF boot menu when the
> option key is held down are in Open Firmware. The YDL installer
> modifies the OF program to present the present YABoot menu. The way to
> restore the original behavior is to clear parameter ram. Hold down
> Cmd-Option-P-R during boot and wait through 3 to 5 chimes.
>
> HTH - Chris

1. I haven't been able to make an Open Firmware graphical boot menu appear
- I think that is only on G4s and later.

2. I've already tried Option-P-R and it hasn't fixed anything.

Thanks, though.
chris.