Lombard PowerBook G3 Won't Boot Off 8.6 CD

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 15 13:57:02 2003

>on Mon Dec 15 13:28:03 2003,Chris Gehlker wrote
>>On Dec 15, 2003, at 12:32 PM, Chris Horn wrote:

>> Yeah, thanks - bad cut & paste.
>>
>> When I do the Cmd-Option-P-R it chimes and reboots.  That's all,
it
>> doesn't chime multiple times, or anything else.

>OK let me check with someone who knows about Lombards. I'll get back

>unless someone else answers in the mean time.

If zapping the PRAM doesn't help try:

restart the computer
go into open firmware (hold apple-option-o-f as soon as you start up
the computer)
type reset-nvram and then hit return
type reset-all and then hit return

HTH

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar