iBook won't boot from firewire disk

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 16 06:12:03 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 5:16 PM, Gavin Hemphill wrote:
> 	You answered your own question before I could send mail :-)  On the
> errors you're seeing, I'll pretty much guarantee that its the Firewire
> cable you're using. I have one set which works well for the TIbook and
> another which works for the imac, but switch cables I see the same
> things you are describing.

I power cycling the drive enclosure seems to remedy the problem.  I'm
suspecting that OS X, since it cannot read the drive, is putting it
into some low-power state.  And in that state the drive doesn't act as
it should.  Once I power cycle it and reboot the system, it's cool.  I
hope it's the enclosure and not the drive, anyway.  If I can get 3
weeks out of the drive, it'll have done it's job...

Thanks for your help.
-Michael