Install to USB drive

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 17 11:14:44 2003

I just finished the gyrations of putting YDL on a Firewire drive and
that was pretty cool.

When I was interested in doing that, I was able to readily find info
that indicated that YDL does not support installation or booting from a
firewire drive.  It also says that booting from a USB drive is not
supported.  However, it doesn't say that installation *to* a USB drive
is unsupported.

It seems logical to me, though, that USB and Firewire are sufficiently
similar that to get YDL to install and boot from a USB drive would be
the same process as was needed for the firewire drive.

Could someone with more knowledge than I confirm this for me, please?
Thanks!

-Michael