First use of mySql

Joe Villari yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 24 10:41:00 2003

did you try at the command line:

mysql -u root

this should return and verify if mysql is working:

Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version: 3.23.41

mysql>

then do to exit mysql:

mysql> exit
Bye
[joev@localhost joev]$

If all this worked, that means mysql is fine and the problem is with
koha install script and my need to call mysql using the -u switch for
user and -p for password.

Joe