modprobe, USB, and other modules

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 28 19:08:01 2003

Stefan,

Thanks for the info. Yes, I am sure you are correct; this is a UHCI
card, now that I know what all of these things mean. No one ever seems
to take stuff out of a Mac and sell it separately. It is obvious then,
that I can't use this on the Mac OS side of things.

But there is every indication that YDL can recognize and drive a UHCI
card and maybe an EHCI (UHCI) card, as well. I have only got Mac OS9
loaded so I can boot to YDL, so I am in no way concerned about using the
Mac side of things.

I would definitely be convinced that I am SOL, IF I got some sort of
error message stating that the device couldn't be read, was
incompatible, or just spewed out the usual string of error codes. All I
get is "modprobe: Can't locate module usb-uhci". I hope this means I
still have a chance.

Olaf