Power Management PM7500

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 30 05:33:01 2003

> A better method is to impart some rotational whiplash while holding the
> drive in your hand with the platters roughly parallel to your palm.

What about just heating 'em up?  I've had several old drives that have
refused to spin up after a _long_ period of constant use and subsequent
turning off, and I've usually managed to get them to start up again when
they have warmed up.  It's not necessary to have a Finnish sauna for
this, though - I've found that the heat that a disk absorbs from a
running computer in maybe an hour is usually enough.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,