Upgrading Mac OS 10.2.x to Panther cannot boot YDL 2.3 anymore

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 30 15:51:01 2003

Hi,

After upgrading my Mac OS X to Panther, I found out that I did not get =
the prompt
at boot time to either boot Linux or Mac OS. I later find out the notes =
on the YDL
support page:

<<
b) install Panther on the partition created by Jaguar. Those of you =
simply
upgrading from Jaguar to Panther should be ok.=20

which is what I did, so I thought I won't have any problems after =
upgrading from
10.2 to 10.3.

It looks like my problem is more related to the 10.2.8 upgrade issue, =
but the
following page is not very helpful:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/macosx1028.shtml

As I have no idea where I can get a rescue CD, nor do they specify the =
location
from where to get the new kernel.

Any help?
Thanks,