Which Powermac (G4/G5) to buy for YDL?

Claude Schrader yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 31 00:56:00 2003

If you can afford the dual G5 go for it. If not, get the dual G4. The
1.6 gHz G5 single is stripped down in many ways (bus, video, HD), and
generally the 2 G4 processors will benefit most people more than having
1 G5. It takes a good amount of data to take advantage of a 64 bit
arch. OSX and linux love having two processors. Both are beasts - I'm
jealous. Have fun,
	Claude