Install without Mac OS (was: booting from the CD)

admin@datazap.net yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 31 20:31:01 2003

> I am trying to boot from the installation cd on a G3 Blue & White, but I
> yaboot give me an error. Say that it can not find yaboot.conf. Could
> someone tell me how to get past this?

I believe that the problem is yaboot isn't looking at the right device. I
have never ran linux on a Mac before, and I am not all the familiar with
Mac hardware. I can boot from the cd on my powerbook. So, I know it is not
a problem with the cd. Could someone atleast give me a link to where I
could find the possible devices yaboot could use in a G3 blue & white. I
have included the exact error message:

/pci@80000000/pcibridge@d/mac-io@5/ata-3@20000/disk@0:2,yaboot.conf
Can't open config file

Thanks,