Ximian and my status

Ryan Boder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 1 02:54:01 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:05:51PM -0700, Jay Contonio wrote:
> Oh and I've been search high and low for the mouse emulation combo's on an
> iBook...I seem to have a few down but the normal right click I can't get.
> I want that damn fish off of my panel.

The way I do it is to add the lines

echo 68 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
echo 87 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode

to my /etc/rc.local file. That sets middle mouse click to F10 and right
mouse click to F11 on an iBook keyboard when the system boots. If you want
to use different keys, use the command

showkey

to find out the keycodes of the keys you want to use. Run the command as
root and then while showkey is running press the keys you would like to
emulate mouse buttons. The keycodes will be printed. This command works best
when X is not running, as sometimes X will intercept the key press before
showkey sees it.

This method works, but there might be a better way to do it that I don't
know about. Perhaps a GUI way or something. I hope this helps though.

--

Ryan Boder
http://bitwiser.org/icanoop