Still having Time Issues

Thomas Kernes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 9 11:36:01 2003

I was wondering if that time issue got figured out (Aurel Wisse) as I have
been following it to try and solve my own problems.

Clock is set correctly on Mac side.

/etc/sysconfig/clock is:

ZONE="US/Central"
UTC=false
ARC=false

/etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago

'date' is  Sun Feb  9 12:26:27 CST 2003  <-- correct

'hwclock --localtime' is Sun 09 Feb 2003 12:27:04 PM CST <--correct

'hwclock --utc' is Sun 09 Feb 2003 06:27:42 AM CST <-- WRONG

I set the clock by setting the system date and then:

'hwclock --systohc --localtime'

But the hwclock seems to be adjusting the WRONG way for UTC.  I have tried
setting the hwclock to UTC (which is +6 hours from CST) but then the local
time is off (it makes the local time +6 hours when it should be -6 hours).

I have seen just about every webpage google finds for setting the hwclock
and nothing is working.

This is not that big of a deal, I guess, but it makes the times on my emails
incorrect when checking squirrelmail versus POP.  It also makes the times in
various log files incorrect.

Anyone?

YDL 2.3 beige G3/466 512Mb RAM

--