Starting up wireless networking.

Neben Kabon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 9 20:52:01 2003

I have followed the instructions at:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/airport24.shtml

And wish to use my wireless connection with a Linksys Wireless Access
Point/Router.

I now have two network configurations, ifcfg-eth0 (hardwired ethernet)
and ifcfg-eth1 (for Linksys wireless) following the example given.  When
I try "/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start" the network stalls on eth0 and I
must have my ethernet cable attached to continue.  Do I need to
temporarily hide or disable the ifcfg-eth0 file?  Or do I need to change
another configuration so network is only looking for eth1 instead of
eth0?

My configuration: 600MHz iBook, YDL 2.3, Apple Airport card installed.
Linksys Wireless Access Point Router, model #BEFW11S4