KDE 3.1

Lee Parry yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 10 08:24:01 2003

Hi List,

Well I am what you might call a newbie. I installed YDL 2.3 on my Dual G4
500mhz, and all is well (after a bit of bother with the old 17" Studio
Display issue).

What I was wondering is this... Under X (on my work machine) I've installed
KDE 3.1 via Fink. I was wondering if/how I would go about upgrading the KDE
version on my YDL machine at home?

Preferably downloading all the needed files here at work first and burning
them to cd.

Also, I'm using the SMP kernel at the moment, but it seems to mean that I
can't use MOL. I've tried recompiling the MOL Libraries, but no go. Can I
only use MOL with a non-smp kernel? And if so, 1. How much speed difference
will I see by giving up SMP? And 2. How do I change the kernel?

I know these are probably stupid questions, but if someone could let me
know, even if it is to just tell me I'm a moron.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

--------------------------
Lee Parry