No Desktop after update

hotFusion yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 16 17:58:01 2003

I recently installed YDL 2.3 on my G4 400 AGP and just last night ran
"apt-get upgrade" in order to update it to the most recent versions of
the files installed (I installed everything off the CD) but just now
logged in realize the desktop is not showing up.  The launcher at the
bottom of the screen works perfectly, but no desktop.  It is simply
blue with no files present.  I use Mac OS X as much as Linux and it
looks the same as if I turn off the desktop in Mac OS X (just a blue
background there to).  Any insight would be appreciated.