diald config?

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 18 11:06:02 2003

It does requre SLIP (to set up the proxy connection to the fake
interface), but I don't think I'm getting any kernel messages regarding
missing SLIP.  On top of it all the published mailing list
(majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu) kicks back subscription requests with a
"user unknown" error (hrumph).  What I am seeing right now is that diald
sets up the interface properly and detects access to it, but is getting
hosed up trying to dial or talk to pppd (as witnessed by the diald log
entries regarding "connecting to ...", but timing out).  Anyone else
have any experience with this?