Portable backups?

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 23 02:10:01 2003

> I can't use mkisofs because it does not preserve permissions, truncates
> names at 32 characters, and seems to have bugs that prevent it's CD-R's
> from being read correctly.

What mkisofs is this?

You need the -R (or -r) (Rock Ridge) option to preserve long UNIX file
names and UNIX permissions.

There is a set of options in reasonably modern mkisofses to generate HFS
CD's.  I'd guess the mkisofs you're using is some ancient version that
shouldn't have been used in five years.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.