FROM ADMIN: SPAM, SPAM, SPAM eggs and SPAM

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 28 08:49:01 2003

Hi Konstantin,

On 28 Feb 2003, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 00:00, Bill Fink wrote:
> > However, making the
> > yellowdog-general list a closed list is unnecessary and is totally
> > contrary to the open Linux philosophy and hurts its community.
>
> Bah. It's not a closed list. It's a "subscribe, then you can post" list.
> I, for one, completely welcome this: and as much as I like helping out
> poor widows from African countries, I prefer not to hear about them via
> my subscriptions.

It is a closed list if you can't post to it without being a member.
I understand you don't think this is a bad thing.  I disagree.
Please note I hate spam as much as the next guy.

> Subscribing to the list is not hard. It only takes five minutes and it's
> a matter of simple courtesy to the rest of us.

Obviously subscribing isn't hard.  It's dealing with all the resultant
mail that's a PITA.  But ... (see next message).

						-Bill