Print server services... Config help.

James Applebaum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 2 12:48:01 2003

I have a AppleLaser Writer IIf that is connected to my network via a
localtalk bridge. I would like to use my server as the print cue (for a
group of apple desktop computers). Obviously I have Netatalk service
running but the doc for setting up print services seems to be a bit
vague. Note that I have not configured Cups on the server as yet... as
I do the bulk of my server management through remote console on a OS-X
laptop. (don't know if this might be significant)
My local talk bridge does not offer a utility to set a static IP (AKA
it is a real bridge not a print server).

Can this be done?

James Applebaum