OS X and multi part .smi images

Jeremy Warren yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jan 4 13:07:01 2003

you will have to boot into any os prior to X and then combine them from
there.

Dont ask me why but that should work,

sorry if someone else already answered this.

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Jay Savage
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 3:53 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: OS X and multi part .smi images

I realize that this is slightly OT, but I'm getting ready to do a YDL
installation on a PPC 7200/75 for which i have no system disks.  I
downloaded 7.5.3 (all 19 parts) from info.apple.com to my eMac running
10.2.3, but Disk copy won't recombine the parts and mount the image.
How can I mount and burn this image?  I tried using the classic version
of Disk Copy, but when I tried to mount it just called the OS X app and
put me right back where I was.

Thanks,

--jay