problems with 3Com NIC/6500

David Tisdell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 9 18:51:01 2003

I noticed that someone said that Mandrake's install
kernel supports that card. As I recall, you are doing
this on an old world machine. You could try getting a
copy of the install kernel from Mandrake and use the
Yellowdog ram disk to install. I had a similar problem
with a nic and installation failed withour networking
configured. i tried several kernels but none had
support compiled in and I wound up swapping out the
card with one that worked. I would try and use a
kernel that supports your card.
I would like to find some good how to's on compiling
kernels on PPC myself. I have had varying degrees of
success when doing it.
Dave

do I get it.  I've
built
kernels on intel systems before -- are there any
how-to's for YDL that
might be of additional use?

Allan