Trouble with YDL 2.3 Installation

jgebhard yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 10 15:47:01 2003

Hi All,
  I am a big Linux newbie and just got YDL 2.3 because it sounds so
sweet and the screenshots support this viewpoint.  I have a PowerMac
6500/275 with 96 MB of RAM and a 4.3 GB HD and OS 9.1  I partitioned
everything according to the installation guide and have at least 2.4 GB of
space for the YDL software. However, after getting BootX installed and
beginning the YDL install process, I get to a point about midway through
and get a message saying "Kernal Panic, Killing interrupt handler" and
stuff about not syncing.  Apparently other 6500 users are having similar
problems. Anyone know what is up here? Please help, I want to get Linux
on this old beaut of a machine.

Jim
jgebhard@gwu.edu