(no subject)

TJ yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 12 19:03:01 2003

I've had exactly the same problem. I noticed the dat you posted this was in
November... Did you manage to solve the problem since then?

quote:

I know this is off topic, sorry. Hopefully no one wil be really pissed off.

Yellow dog is working great, no major issues, the problem i'm having at
the moment is getting mac os x to mount a nfs volume from a openbsd server.
YDL can see it and mount it fine, so i know it's offered and available
correctly.

>From my understanding mac os x supports nfs mounts natively.
running the following command from mac os x against the openbsd server.
%showmount -e 168.X.X.X (openbsd server address)
/share/nfs 168.X.X.X

%portmapper is running, mountd is running,
rpcinfo -p 168.x.x.x (local mac os x)
100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper
100000  2 udp 111 portmapper

I can issue the mount command:
%mount -t nfs 168.x.x.x:/server/nfs /private/mnt

and mac osx will mount this filesystem and show that it is mounted
via the `mount' command, but it is inexcessible and nothing is really there.
If i try to access them i get "the alias 'mnt' could not be opened,
because the original item cannot be found".

I have turned to the you guys because you are usually very advanced powerpc
users as well, (or where in the past, before Linux :-)).
I am very frustrated, linux mounted this easily, with very little effort.

This is supposed to be native to os x, and a lot of this is undocumented as
far as i can see, probably looking in the wrong places.
Any and all help very much appreciated

Again, i am very sorry to trouble the YDL list with this, i will refrain
from doing this again.

-mUs