Help? PHP configure --enable-......

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 13 19:57:01 2003

Quoting "nathan r. hruby" <nathan@drama.uga.edu>:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Rob Brandt wrote:
>

> > > Here's a dumb questions.  Can the user that apache runs as
> > > (typically  apache) read that file?  The easist way to verify
> > > this is to su to root on  your server, then su into the apache
> > > user and try to read that file.
> >
> > Good suggestion (because I hadn't thought to check that yet), but
> > it is already set to readable by "everyone".
> >

> Yeah, but what about all of the dirtectories above it?

Yup.  All of the dirs in the path are, for 'everyone', marked as readable and enterable.  YellowDog installed itself like that, and I haven't changed it.

> > > Also note that everytime you change the ini you need to restart
> > > apache if  you are using the php apache module.
> >
> > Yes, I learned that one long ago :')
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestions though.
> >
> > Do you have mime-magic enabled?  If so, can you confirm that a .so
> > extension file isnot required?
> >

> Nope.  have you check the apache logs for startup errors?

I hadn't checked in a while (I've been wrestling with this for a week) so I just checked again, and no, nothing.  Another good suggestion though.  Keep the dumb questions coming, because when I do find the problem I'm sure it'll be a real head slapper.

Rob