Communicating with YDL CUPS server from OS X

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 14 08:44:01 2003

I have a PowerCenter running YDL that I want to use as a print server.  I want
to use CUPS on the server and be able to print to it from an iBook running OS
X.  I have two printers I want to serve up.  One is connected to the USB port
of the PowerCenter and the other to a JetDirect 300X print server.

Once I have the printers set up in CUPS on the PowerCenter, is there anything
special I have to do on the server side for the iBook to be able to print to
them?

Also (and I realize this is a little off-topic in that it has nothing to do
with YDL), what parameters do I use in the OS X Print Center on the iBook to be
able to print to the CUPS server on the PowerCenter?

Thanks.
Alan Somers