Accessing Mac Partition Files

Glen Foy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 19 13:14:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-275540464

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.  I created a new directory, /mac, and got the
partition to mount with:

mount -t hfs /dev/hda9 /mac

But none of the sub-directories were visible, only 3 or 4 text files,
one entitled "Where have all of your files gone?"  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Glen

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 05:37 AM, Joe Villari wrote:

> Basically you have to mount the partition. as root mount
> /dev/hdaWHATEVER_NUMBER_IS_OSX (mine is /dev/hda9). The you can access
> it. You can add a mount point to /mnt and have it mount automatically
> at boot, which is what I do (/mac).
>
> Just remeber if you're using MOL you'll have to umount the parititon
> otherwise the drive will show up as locked.
>
> Joe
>
> Glen Foy wrote:
>
>> I've just installed YDL 2.3 on a Titanium PowerBook (2002).  Mac OS X
>> and YDL share the internal drive.  How do I access the files on the
>> OS X partition from Linux?
>>
>> Thanks a heap,
>> Glen

--Apple-Mail-2-275540464

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.  I created a new directory, /mac, and got the
partition to mount with:

mount -t hfs /dev/hda9 /mac

But none of the sub-directories were visible, only 3 or 4 text files,
one entitled "Where have all of your files gone?"  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Glen

<excerpt>Basically you have to mount the partition. as root mount
/dev/hdaWHATEVER_NUMBER_IS_OSX (mine is /dev/hda9). The you can access
it. You can add a mount point to /mnt and have it mount automatically
at boot, which is what I do (/mac).

Just remeber if you're using MOL you'll have to umount the parititon
otherwise the drive will show up as locked.

Joe

<excerpt>I've just installed YDL 2.3 on a Titanium PowerBook (2002).