Accessing Mac Partition Files

David Beverly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 20 14:41:01 2003

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:12:27PM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
> PPC Linux can't mount HFS+ partitions.  And it has only limited support for
> HFS partitions.

Not entirely true - see my reply elsewhere in this thread.

> Do "man -k hfs" to see the details of what support there is.

> Somebody (you?) needs to bring that code into the nineties.  It's open
> source, after all!  We would all benefit if someone put the necessary effort
> into supporting an "hfsplus" file system type.

There is limited support for hfs+, though it's essentially undocumented and
not exactly intuitive.

> Do I hear any volunteers?

I started doing just that sometime ago, but limited support for 36 hour days
put a damper on it.

I do have more free time these days, maybe I'll have a go at adding hfs+
support to mount.  This should not, of course, preclude anyone else from
doing the same.

> Rick

~D

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99