problem with USB modem under YDL

john bragazzi yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 20 15:05:01 2003

I have a 333MHz iMac and the internal modem has been broken for a long
time.  I have a Zoom USB modem, which works fine under Max OS 9 but has
never worked under YDL.  I went over a whole variety of procedures when I
installed YDL 2.3 and bought the three-month installation support, but
nothing worked.

Then, as an experiment, I installed Debian.  There were a lot of problems
with the installation (I like YDL a lot better), but under Debian all I
had to do was type "modprobe acm" and it informed me that the modem was
/dev/ttyACM0, and then after I configured wvdial to use that port, it
dialed out just fine.

So, my question.  Is there any way to replace/upgrade the acm module in
YDL to one which will work with my USB modem?  Or do I have to wait for
the next version of YDL?

Thanks.