kernel version question.

Jim Robinson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 21 10:57:00 2003

What I have is a Synergy VCMD VME card. I wanted to add a PMCStor card to it.
It is a CMD0648 PCI to IDE controller board that has 2 slots for compact
flash cards. My problem was that the kernel that came with the board was
2.4.12-B, and I am having problems compiling the IDE drivers as a module. So
I wanted to try a new version of the kernel. I see now that Synergy has made
changes to the kernel tree and not released them the world. Ykes! I am now
merging the differences, It looks like most of the differences are in the
arch/ppc/boot directory. What a pain.......
Jim