Basic MAC OS-X Question

Bondtrails yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 21 13:28:01 2003

Using the standard tar/zip/gzip tools in OS X or linux will *not*
preserver the resource fork(s) of your files--I learned this the hard
way :-(
Here is a workaround: make disk images (.dmg) and store your files on
these images. Then you can safely zip the .dmg file on the server with
all the resources intact.

--Bondster!!