Basic MAC OS-X Question

James Applebaum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 23 09:49:01 2003

I have looked at the cli tools that you suggested... I don't see how
any of these are going to work.
None appear to compress or package the data files into a single linux
friendly file format that I can move to the server.

Additional Question: Am I going to be able to backup my server (tape
device) and retain the integrity of the files for my MacOS users? Your
comment below would indicate that tar is going to strip the resource
fork from the data? Haven't done any tests on this as I assumed this
was a no brainer.

James Applebaum