hwclock has life of its own

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 26 18:54:01 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Aurel Wisse wrote:
>`clock -w` has the same effect as `hwclock --systohc`. Identical.

 Hrm... and this give the same problem? Perhaps something has changed in
the kernel recently. Here's the info on my G4:

[chris@mafalda chris]$ uname -a
Linux mafalda.murtagh.name 2.4.20 #2 Sat Nov 30 15:44:08 EST 2002 ppc

[chris@mafalda chris]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
ZONE="America/Montreal"
UTC=true
ARC=false

 I had to change UTC to 'true' above because I recently installed MacOS X
on this machine (to do QA testing with Safari - long story). MacOS X likes
the hardware clock to be in UTC, so every time I rebooted back into YDL,
my clock would be off by 5 hours (because I'm GMT -5).

/etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Montreal

 Oh, Aurel, something that might be of interest to you (and to anyone else
in Montreal):

 http://open.mcgill.ca/mclug/

 :-)

Cheers,