Problem starting X

Markus Deistler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 27 11:19:01 2003

Hi,

> Also, I find that I need to run Xconfigurator once every boot-session
> before startx;  what's the cure for that?
> Thanks all.

YDL probably runs the Xautoconfig-script at startup - is there a symlink
"S90Xautoconfig" in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d? - which sometimes just ruins your
XF86Config-stuff you have got from Xconfigurator (well, it shouldn't)

The cure is simple, as root

type

'chkconfig --level 235 Xautoconfig off' (or '/sbin/chkconfig ...' if
/sbin isn't included in your $PATH for whatever reason)

However that might not help you, as the videodriver doesn't like your
hardware. The missing mouse device might be fixed easily, once you have
found out which dev-file is in charge of your trackpad-input, I don't
own a PB, can't help you there :-((