Can't share "/mnt/volume"

Ned Dupont yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 2 22:38:00 2003

Bill,
Your points are very informative and I see what you are saying. It is
very logical and also what I figured. Although I did try changing
permissions on "/mnt/<directory>", I was not aware of the added "users"
option within "fstab". However, even after trying the "fstab" changes
(adding the "users" option), it still does not work. I just don't get
it. This has got be easier than this. In my case, the mount path is
"/mnt/Stuff". "/mnt/Stuff" already exists. I created the "Stuff"
directory myself. It is the same name that the volume I am trying to
mount is named. That volume is located on "/dev/hda2". Is that the
problem? The fact that the volume in question resides before my YDL
install volume?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ned Dupont