Can't share "/mnt/volume"

Mike Kimmick yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 3 11:02:01 2003

Ned,

I was just reading some posts in USENET regarding the process of
updating fstab at boot time, and it appears that if kudzu runs and finds
discrepancies between the hardware it sees and entries in /etc/fstab, it
will try and update /etc/fstab accordingly.

You might try chkconfig kudzu off, reboot, and see what effect that has
on the status of Updating /etc/fstab.

It also occurred to me that if the /etc/fstab file can't be updated, you
should check it's permissions.  Mine is set to 0644; owner and group set
to root.

Mike Kimmick