YDL 3.0 Install Kernel Panic early into GUI installer.

Andres Leson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 3 21:32:01 2003

I'm trying to install YDL 3.0 on a dual USB iBook.  I
had YDL 2.2 but re-installed Mac OS X and re-partioned
(one MAC OS extended and the other free) for a clean
install.

When I booted up the YDL 3.0 install CD and used the
default graphical installer I got a kernel panic.  It
started with:

radoonfb: ATI Radeon M6 LYnDDR SGRAM 16M
     <0> Rebooting in 180 seconds ... connected

..... (then a little later...)

Probing IDE interface ide0
hda: Enabling Ultra DMA 2
hdb: Enabling Multiword DMA 2
Machine check in kernel mode
Caused by (from SRRI = 49030) transfer error ack
signal
Oops: machine check, sig 7
Call back trace.....
Kernel panic, Aiee, killing interrupt handler
in interrupt handler, not syncing!
     <0> Rebooting in 180 seconds....

And then it hangs here for a reboot.  Has anyone run
into this problem?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks.

Andy

P.S. I also tried to use the install-safe text mode
and everythings seems to go fine until the package
installation portion and then it always crash with the
following message:

installer exited abnormally -- sig 9 received ....
unmount /tmp...... and it hangs.