No GUI install

Tap Pearson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 4 18:59:09 2003

     I am posting this message to both general and newbie because I was not
sure which list to ask this
question on.

     I have finally gotten YDL 3.0 to install and run after about 20 tries.
I have an iMac Rev. B with
256MB of ram and a 40GB drive and the latest firmware upgrades from the
Apple website.

     I learned by accident that the / partition (root) can not go over the
8GB barrier or YDL 3.0 will not
boot after install. Others may have different results, but this is what I
have found on my machine. Also,
I found that if you change the HD out in this machine, it has to be jumpered
as master and stand alone
or the install will fail (YDL 3.0 can not see the drive). I have yet to try
getting X windows to run, but I
am soldiering through.

     The main thing that bugs me though is that I can not get the graphical
installer (Anaconda) to
work. Is it something I am doing wrong, or is it a configuration issue with
my iMac? I do not mind the
text install, but would like to see the graphical one. It also concerns me
that if I can not get the GUI
install to work, that X will not work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tap