ydl3, g3 powerbook, yum, kpackage, catch-22. 2nd stab

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 8 10:06:00 2003

Brentishere@aol.com wrote :

> I really appreciate the ideas, but I still have the same problem:
>
> No Internet Connection On The Yellow Dog Machine.
>
> So:
>        Synaptic won't work
>        Yum won't work
>        Apt-Get won't Work
>
> At least, I am not clever enough to get them to work locally.
>
> I can get stuff in off of CD only.

Try "apt-cdrom add" to let apt know about what's on your CDs, then you can
install synaptic (one single package download) to get a nice frontend, and
manage all your packages locally, without the need for an internet
connection.

Matthias

PS: Assuming the original CDs are apt-enabled, which I think they are.

Raw Hide 20030707 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 0.11 0.31 0.28