PPC 5400 instalation

darthlinux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 8 19:57:01 2003

the way i found to get by the installation problem was to download an
image located here:
http://apple.fh-pforzheim.de/YDL/
mount/burn the image.
then drag and drop the image contents on a separate partition within
macos or a zip disc in my case.
select that for the boot volume, and let er rip.
note- if you use the same partition as your regular system folder. you
will need to boot off a cd in order to return it to its functional mac
system folder.
if you have a problem, try "blessing" the new pseudo system folder by
opening it, then closing it in the finder.
i'm running a 6400/180 that i cant get x running on - yet-
but i'm determined.