kernel compiling problems

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 9 13:23:01 2003

Quoting Christopher Murtagh <christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca>:

>  If you are using menuconfig, go to the 'Macintosh device drivers'
> section and turn on everything with the exception of ANS LCD display and
> maybe floppy and serial port support. See if that helps.

OK, this allows it to compile, but I still don't have CD-Rom support.  Just to
review my status:

YDL 2.2, Beige G3 Tower.  It currently has a SCSI HD running, so I believe the
SCSI adapter should be working.  I do not have a SCSI CD-Rom connected at the
moment.

After compiling, I have one problem: On bootup, there is a long pause at:

cops.C:v.04 6/7/98 Jay Schulist (jschlist@samba.org)

It didn't apuse at my original kernel.

I'm using xconfig; when I save the config file I get:

ERROR - attempting to write value for unconfigured variable (CONFIG_DRM).

But it does compile nonetheless.

Rob