Kpalm and Clie with YD3.0

Hannu Rajaniemi yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 9 19:36:00 2003

(George H. Yeager wrote):
> I have selected the Kpalm conduits and assigned /dev/usb/ttyUSB1 as the
> hotsync device.  I see activity in the system log when I connect the
> Clie to the USB port.  I'm also using a USB mouse, by the way.
>
> I'm unable to connect for a hotsync, however.

I don't think the kernel has the most recent version of the visor module
which is responsible for recognizing palm devices: this is the problem I
had (and still have) with Tungsten C. Recompiling the kernel with the
appropriate patch may offer a solution: however, I haven't tried it myself
yet so I'm not sure...

Can you post the message you get from your system log?

- Hannu Rajaniemi