LaTeX on YDL 3.0

Ron Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 11 15:44:01 2003

First, do you have it installed? You can install it with apt-get and
the name for the package is tetex-latex.

I usually create my document in either vi or pico then convert it to
.dvi then look at the end result with xdvi. Once the document looks the
way I want it to, I convert it to .pdf. If you want the gory details on
how to do this, let me know, but I suspect you are looking for a GUI
front end.

If you are looking for a graphical front end to LaTeX, I know that lyx
worked on YDL 2.0/2.1. I don't know if it is available for 3.0, but I
suspect that it is since it is a standard package that comes with x86
redhat.

-Ron