ydl 3 on xserve can't read any cds

Howard Freeman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 11 15:54:01 2003

Re the CD: There is a mount point but inserting a cd results in
nothing - the cd mount folder is empty and there are no noises from
the drive. I find this perplexing as I installed from the drive (just
held down c on boot).

I'd also like to thank those people who responded to my # key prob -
I'm away for a week so I'll give both solutions a try: if it's as
easy as choosing the US keyboard then I'll be very pleased.

Howard
===============================
At 7:15 pm -0600 10/7/03,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:59:36 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: Re: ydl 3 on xserve can't read any cds
>From: ydl@litenverden.com
>To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>
>>  Despite having installed ydl3 on my xserve via the cdrom drive it
>>  doesn't respond when a cd goes in. It worked fine when Mac OS was on
>>  it. Any ideas?
>>
>>  Howard

The CD is mounted?