Some RPMs (Evolution and Mozilla 1.4.)

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 13 05:21:00 2003

Hello,

I compiled RPMs for both Mozilla 1.4 and Evolution  1.4 last week.  I've
been using them full-time since I built them and have experienced no
ill-effects, so I figure they're good to go!

If anyone is interested, you can download them from:

http://neo.caslab.queeensu.ca/RPM/ppc/

This location is temporary, the system is up and down all week, but
should be online for at least the next 24 hours.  I will do my best to
find a more permanent location and make them apt-get-able in the future.

I built the Mozilla packages from Mozilla.org's 1.4 Redhat 8.x XFT SRPM,
and the Evoultion package (with all of it's dependencies) came from Red
Hat's RAWHIDE.  The only change to any of the packages that I can recall
was removing the x86-only line from Mozilla's SPEC file.  I must say,
I'm impressed that Ximian Evolution compiled and packaged as easily as
it did.

If these are available elsewhere, I apologize for the redundancy.

Ben

PS:  You will need all of the other packages (gtkhtml etc.) to get
evolution to install.  You can leave out the devel packages if you like.