MySQL Configuration Problem

J. De Salvo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 13 19:12:01 2003

Hi,

Running YDL 3.0 with its shipped MySQL distribution. MySQL is configured
to start up at boot time via the services configuration tool. However,
no matter what I do, I cannot connect to the server. Root, my ordinary
login name and mysql user all receive 'permission denied' when I try to
connect to MySQL.

I've searched the MySQL documentation and attempted to follow the
instructions found there, but either I'm missing something or I'm too
dense to understand the instructions. Would some kind sould please help
me with this or point me to a Web page that provides lucid instructions
for getting me up and running?

Thank you for your help

Joe