liba52.so

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 14 02:33:01 2003

Greg Hamilton wrote :

> I'm trying to use ffmpeg to convert the encoding on some mpeg files. It
> fails because it can't find liba52.so
> Using yum I've installed a52dec and a52dev-devel which gives me
> /usr/local/lib/liba52.la and /usr/local/lib/liba52.a but no .so file.
>
> Has this file been erroneously omitted from the RPMs?

Possibly, looks like the package you've got only has the static libraries.
Strange too that an rpm package puts files into /usr/local...

> Is there any way to find out if another RPM contains the file?

My package has the shared libraries, and the static libs are in the
a52dec-devel sub-package. You can get it from http://freshrpms.net/

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030710 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 0.27 0.48 0.26