usb external drive

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 15 17:09:01 2003

I have had good success with mkinitrd.  See

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO/create_initrd.html

for a quick description of using this utility.  It basically sets up
your initrd.img file based on what functions were compiled as modules
in the last kernel build.  On new world machines yaboot.conf has a
pointer to the initrd.img file (e.g. initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-8d.img).

Works for me.

Regards,
Bruce